First pics with the DSLR, a day in Tucson

verticalization

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i've made a few posts here, about 2 months ago i picked up an old film SLR, well the addiction got to me so bad that i ended up buying a Canon Rebel XT off of craigslist last weekend. I've been super excited to take it out, and have been playing with it every night since i bought it.
One thing i must say, its alot different focusing a digital than a manual, i guess theres really no "feel" to it? something i'll have to get used to.. Either way, I love it.

In these pics i used full manual mode, shot in RAW, and manual focus(which i kindof regret doing in some, a lot didnt turn out as this is a whole different beast) and with the stock 18-55mm lense
Anyways, i've learned alot about the mistakes i made from seeing the pics that didnt turn out, however.. i would love C&C

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

1. i love the colors and the detail
2. i love the abstract feel of the photo.
3. doesn't really do anything for me. the colors/contrasts are kind of boring.
4. i really dig this picture, great lines, and shadows/highlights.
5. kinda plain
6. it's ok but the blown out sky is kind of distracting.
7. cool pic, but to me seems a tad too bright.

The second one is great!

I miss Arizona.. I lived South of Tucson for 4 years, and I loved it. What you've done here with your pictures is illustrate some great differences between Arizona and other places, such as New England, where I live. Your pictures show some sights that I haven't seen since living in Arizona, and I think they're valid just for that. The way people in the Southwest will view these pics and the way New Englanders/Midwesterners will view these pictures are worlds apart, as are Arizona and New England. Good captures.

The pictures could be a little sharper. i like #8

your not short on things of beauty in new england either :p

Also I like the photo of the candles best of all.

All the outdoor photos seem to be hovering on the brink of overexposure. My Rebel does the same when used in AUTO-mode. (As does the Powershot, and most cameras I've tried tend to overexpose just a tad in AUTO, I wonder why).

Congrats on the purchase, though!

Thanks for the replies everyone, they've defenitly helped alot. A few things i'll have to watch out for next time im out.

Most reactions

Back