First Picture - C&C please :)

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Alizee, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Alizee

Alizee TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm in photography school in Paris I need your help with my picture and comment what you think :sillysmi:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome!

Totally set-up.

extremely post-processed.

and very creative.

I do like it :)

Except for the skin you went for a very cold colour scheme. I wonder what it would look like if you gave his skin a grey or even a blueish cast. Maybe it gets a bit dull then, but maybe not, not sure ;)

What bothers me a bit is the composition, while generally I do like it, it looks very squeezed at the top and more generous at the bottom. For me the images loses some balance through this. The bottom is perfect, but I would try to give his head some more space above, not much, maybe just twice or three times as much as is now.

Love all the different reflections :)

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Moving to the People Gallery.

4. tirediron

Photos OK to edit
    Very interesting image. A couple of thoughts: (1) I don't think the cover of the book should be cropped on the RH edge, and (2) the water glass image left seems to me in the wrong place, especially with the reflection of his hand in it. I would suggest moving it further image right so that both of his hands are visible and perhaps you can capture a vignette of the scene in the glass as well.

I like the reflections in the glass table, but I dislike the line in it, and think the image would be stronger for not having that. Have you tried a version with a table-cloth of some sort to remove the reflection altogether?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

5. Mrgiggls

Mrgiggls TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow...I love your creativity. As has been said there are some tweaks to composition that could be made to improve it some. What I'd really like to have seen here is a big, loud splash of red somewhere (not so big that it takes over the attention of the viewer).
    The colors are great, and if you'd have gone with the cooler colors of blue and purple throughout, it'd have been better I think. But with the green filter on the gas mask, it leaves me wanting for a splash of red. Maybe tmake that delicious looking blob of whatever-it-is red:sexywink:

6. Mygixxer

Mygixxer TPF Noob!

I agree with tirediron. Though I like it and It grabs my attention, I sit here staring at it asking.....why? without any answer. Is this just considered abstract? it is what it is, with no reason for anything?

7. Robin Usagani

Robin Usagani Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I like it. Could be better if it is a little wider. The subject is too centered IMO.

8. ewick

ewick TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Every one has made great suggestions for you to keep in mind. over all it is a very good idea and wonderful colors. keep it up and next time you will have a masterpiece.

9. Ms.Nash

Ms.Nash TPF Noob!

Is this your work??? It looks a lot like the work of photographer Pierre Beteille - you should check him out.

10. Alizee

Alizee TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    tks to see that ! yes it's exactly what I want because my school ask me to do that: inspiration by an artist that I like and I live Beteille and he is French ;)
    You know him with his exposition in LA ?

11. Ms.Nash

Ms.Nash TPF Noob!

Are you still saying this is your work or you're just posting this pic by another artist? I'm 99.6% sure that this is Beteilles. .......Yes, I did see his work in LA amongst other fabulous artists at that show - his work is amazing.......

Now if you're saying that you took this picture, then I guess there is a fine line between "inspiration" and being a copy-cat. :)

12. tirediron

Photos OK to edit

To what image of Beteilles' do you refer Ms. Nash? While the style is reminiscent of his, the exposure and processing is very different and I'm unable to find an image that I would call this a 'copy' of ('though I know I've seen something similar before).

• Like Like x 1