First picture post on TPF

Flyextreme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I reworked a 2 image, handheld stacked photo and thought I would make it my first to post. This was one of my earlier shots taken with a D3200/Sig 105 macro/YN560III SL/6x8 SB diffuser set @ 1/8 power @ f16-1/200-ISO200, shot at 1:1 and cropped some. Not only am I still trying to learn as much as possible about taking photos, I'm also spending a lot of time trying to learn to get the best out of my images in PP.

Any critique welcome and appreciated. BTW, I know I didn't nail focus on the eyes in this one. And some ghosting I didn't clean up from the stack.

I believe this is a Brown Lynx about 5mm long (body).
X2 Brown Lynx #2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good photo to start with. Nice colors from what I could tell. I saw enough to know that there's a cute little smiley face on the spider, but otherwise, I was too busy saying "Gah! Spider!" and scrolling down to notice much more. Sorry :048:

Can't say anything about the ghosting or stacking because I have exactly zero experience with it.

But just figured I'd say hey and give your first photo a little bump :1247:

Not a spider person, and an inexperienced photographer, but I like the clarity and compostion of the photo.... for whatever it's worth. :)

Thanks for dropping by guys and thank you for you comments.

Welcome to the forum!!!
If you really want to know more about image stacking and macro, I would hit up this guy...
Tropical Spiders!!! | Photography Forum
He is just amazing!! Look at his work! It's inspirational!!

I personally love looking at spiders but, I don't want them crawling on me. Your shot looks great to me.

This is fantastic! I need to try this stacking thing.

Excellent shot - I'd be pretty pleased to only miss perfect eye focus by 0.5mm

Sorry I can't be of any help, you're already more advanced than I am. Matter of fact, I'm in this thread picking up pointers. Thanks for the great photo and even more for the details about your equipment. Very informative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back