First pictures ever on my new D7000

rainking

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first dSLR pictures ever. I've been reading up on photography the last two months while I waited for the D7000 to release. I've read 4 books already and have a few more to go. Gotta love Barnes and Noble. Also, I've spent the last two months reading threads here everyday. Hope all my research gave me a little advantage over the typical newb.

C&C please. Thanks.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

nice shots. What lens?

NICE camera for your first!

1. seems underexposed, a larger f/stop # would have given you a little more DOF taking care of some of the oof petals.

2. No feeling on it, good or bad. Just doesn't do much for me.

3. On camera flash ... not very flattering.

4. Cute kid, but too busy of a background imo.

Try and read up on the rule of thirds, every one of these shots the subject was in center. Keep it up, and enjoy the new camera. I hear it's pretty amazing.

NICE camera for your first!

1. seems underexposed, a larger f/stop # would have given you a little more DOF taking care of some of the oof petals.

2. No feeling on it, good or bad. Just doesn't do much for me.

3. On camera flash ... not very flattering.

4. Cute kid, but too busy of a background imo.

Try and read up on the rule of thirds, every one of these shots the subject was in center. Keep it up, and enjoy the new camera. I hear it's pretty amazing.

Thanks for the c&c. I did know about rule of thirds but for some reason, I didn't apply it. I'll keep that in mind more.

My first dSLR pictures ever. I've been reading up on photography the last two months while I waited for the D7000 to release. I've read 4 books already and have a few more to go. Gotta love Barnes and Noble. Also, I've spent the last two months reading threads here everyday. Hope all my research gave me a little advantage over the typical newb.

C&C please. Thanks.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Was using DOF all you were going for in these? I like the 1st one, but a little more DOF would have done it more justice to me. The surrounding flowers are kinda taking away from your subject. The kid is a cute lil boy but as noted, the background is harsh. If he were in front of say a field or the parking lot it would have been better to me, but not busy people in the background. Keep shooting, it only gets better! You got a great camera as a 1st!! I'm jealous for sure!

I'll give you some credit... at least you're starting off smart, using creative shooting modes like 'aperture priority' like in these 4 shots.

Geaux gave you some good critique on these, I second everything mentioned. I think 4's a pretty nice photo though. It captures the season and the fun of going to the local pumpkin patch well.

hope you didn't mind but if you do I can delete it. How's this crop?
DSC_0260.jpg

I cn't wait for the D7000 to be released in Middle East... You really made me jelous! hahaha Nice shots I really love the last one cute kid and yeah It is more better when it is cropted :)

Nicely done with the kit lens!

Well I would ask you how you like the D7000 over your last... Ohwell nice 1st.

Awesome shots! I was planning to get a new Nikon D500 but Nikon D40's results seem great and clear in quality.I liked the first photo most.Have you taken these photos in macro mode ?

Awesome shots! I was planning to get a new Nikon D500 but Nikon D40's results seem great and clear in quality.I liked the first photo most.Have you taken these photos in macro mode ?

Im Confussed?
D500 did you mean D5000?
Macro is a mode?

Ok anyway. Great starting point for just getting the camera. I want to get the D7000 and use my D90 as a back up.

I have read about 30+ books since getting my camera about a year ago but nothing helps as much as practice. My suggestion is worry about Composition 1st. Before you ever press the shutter look at everything but the subject. Make sure you want those things in the photograph. If you do then fine. IF not make sure you fix that! I am looking forward to seeing more! Good luck!

Most reactions

Back