What's new

First pictures I spent some time on. P&S Nikon P80. C&C?

ks0385

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
67
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1
treewithsnow.jpg


2
tackswithborder.jpg


3
sunkistwithborder.jpg


4
phonebuttons.jpg


5 (Now I understand why a Tripod helps... Really wish this picture came out nice.)
winterwheels.jpg




After I get some practice I want to get a Nikon D90 Body and the 18-200mm VR lens.
 
Alright Ill be honest with you. Now im a noob so take this very very very VERY lightly.

1. Aghhh theres a lot of noise in the sky. The powerlines take away from the shot. I dislike the glaring lights and honestly i dont think the shot is very pleasing to the eye.

2. I wish they were all in focus or the colors popped more to give it a bit more edge. The composition could also be more pleasing.

3. This one's alright, except maybe take the canada dry out of the shot and just go for the sunkist. I like the colors and it seems in focus well enough.

4. This could be better with all the numbers in focus, and maybe cleaning the dust around the keys. :-P

5.Its okay, the tree is a distraction along with the store lights. Try getting right up close to the street so you can get closer shots of the car. Was this car moving or not? If it was then I'd try panning.

Overall, In my opinion there mediocre but Im a noob like I said so take that with a grain of salt. Keep shooting!
 
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

On number 2, what do you mean by "The composition could be more pleasing"? Should I have focused on the middle one?

Car was not moving in number 5. I set the camera to like 1" or 2" (Not sure what the setting is called) and tried to hold the camera as steady as possible. I hate how the night time shots come out so yellow.

I'm still trying to figure out the camera and haven't even read the instruction booklet that came with it. Just changing the settings to see what each does.

Thanks again.
 
I disagree with the previous comment on number 4. I believe the change in focus adds a "flair" to it, but it is still "weak" in a compositional aspect.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom