First Portrait Session (56kbs warning 5 photos)

My gripe isn't with the opacity of the artificial vignette. It's with the halo...those oddly textured and sometimes oddly colored concentric rings that I've been seeing way too much around here lately.

Hmmm,

I am not seeing that, the post workflow was simpley to adjust exposure, reduce saturation a touch then a tinted overlay set to colour dodge and the 2o/c spot lighting effect, which brought out a nice tone IMO but did produce the unsightly vignettes.

I can't for the life of me see what you are, although I know what you mean and I have seen it in both some of my own post work and in others.

I usually see it with ps gradients at low resolutions and with HDR effects both real and pseudo, but I am no ps or indeed photography expert!

LJ

----Edit----

on closer inspection I do see them (you must have a big monitor), great spot, thank you, I will further refine my post to avoid these in future!

btw, any tips on that?

LJ

----Edit 2----

Ok well I have found out what it is and it is an artifact fom the PS Lighting effects. Thank you Alpha, sometimes a good kick gets me working harder!

Last edited:
So, inspired by all your comments I just want to post one more shot. This early shot used fill flash and is properly exposed, and although I have kept the same tonal effect I have removed both the ugly vignettes and the halo artifacts.

Unfortunatley the shot does not stand alone very well IMO, too much empty space and no interaction by the couple with either each other or the camera.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind the extra shot.

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment.

LJ

561468837_syJYT-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back