First portrait with 70-200 C&C

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know the white balance is off, any other improvements maybe?
3252466982_c4bdaa6ecf_o.jpg

I would have tried to composing that she was to one the left side of the image with maybe a little more angle to her face zoomed in closer and shot portrait style. Maybe just a little more of her upper body showing although not to much more. The white balance which you already mentioned and the background. Of course zoomed in and portrait style would help with that to a degree.

Unfortunately I didn't shoot in raw so not a lot I can to with the WB. And I didn't really think about this shot. Just picked up my camera and shot it

Yea and I love how sharp the lens is at 2.8

I would seriously caution against using this lens at F/2.8. That pictures is not as sharp as it could be.

As for WB - with a little tlc it can be done:

67118179hs5.jpg

Not the best, but you see where its going.

I would seriously caution against using this lens at F/2.8. That pictures is not as sharp as it could be.
Yea I know that, but i like the fact that it's that sharp at 2.8, and i know it is even sharper at lets say f/8

Yea I know that, but i like the fact that it's that sharp at 2.8, and i know it is even sharper at lets say f/8

It actually doesn't look that sharp to me. It is even a little out of focus, but maybe it's just my eyes.

And her red shirt looks oversaturated to the point of loss of detail. It is very distracting.

I'm sure your photos will get better and better the more you use your new toy!

That's what I was saying though. It's not OOF, but - to my eyes - it isn't as sharp as it COULD be, and this usually happens because these lenses (Nikon's does it too), have a tendency to grab the wrong focus or appear quite a bit soft.

yea i just can't wait till it gets warmer. and also me and my friend are planning to set up a studio in another friends basement. we'll see where that ends up. for now the planning is really great. we just can't decide on what strobes we want :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back