First post...be gentle

bapp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Joking aside, I'm happy with any critque... I think I have over shopped this Image to be honest....

6a00e3989c1551000200e398c692720002-500pi

Do you mind resizing to 800 pix on the long side? It's rather small for old eyes. First impressions are good though.

Thanks.

Yeah, on my 17" 1920x1200 monitor, I can barely see much of anything. Based on what I do see though, it looks good. I like the post-processing, I think it works well for this image.

this shud be better

2126081752_bf10b66afb_o.jpg

Ah, yes, much better. I like the style of the shot, as someone said above, very surreal. I like the composition of it too, and I think that the wicked bright blob of a sun works to the photo's benefit in this case. Nice shot.

Really excellent interpretation - I wonder if you had this end result in mind when you took the shot, or did it just come to you later?

Nice composition, it almost reminds me of a photo I've seen, but can not remember where.

My only baby critique would be to crop off the rail ball in the bottom right and I would very slightly tone down the blown sun area to say rgb 242,249,255 - but those a really nit-pickers.

Thanks for sharing it with us

Really excellent interpretation - I wonder if you had this end result in mind when you took the shot, or did it just come to you later?

Nice composition, it almost reminds me of a photo I've seen, but can not remember where.

My only baby critique would be to crop off the rail ball in the bottom right and I would very slightly tone down the blown sun area to say rgb 242,249,255 - but those a really nit-pickers.

Thanks for sharing it with us

Well I took the shot for my parents as I have just moved away from Ireland and the idea was to show a representation of myself looking over the Irish sea looking back home.

The blue tone came from forgetting to change the white balance on my D70 from Fluorescent to daylight. So when editing in photoshop the blue kinda just happened. I edited the sky and foreground individually.

I was going to crop out the rail ball.... I cant actually remember why I didn't.

Thanks all for the kind words.x

This is going to sound really strange, but I associate that partiular color blue with that weird genre of sci-fi/fantasy artwork which I oh-so-dislike. I half expected to see some elven-looking character hiding out in the corner.

Technically speaking, I think that it's a bit flat, especially in the highlights.

This is going to sound really strange, but I associate that partiular color blue with that weird genre of sci-fi/fantasy artwork which I oh-so-dislike. I half expected to see some elven-looking character hiding out in the corner.

Haha, I wish you hadnt said that now, all I can think of when I look at it is a UFO floating into the top corner....:confused:

Technically speaking, I think that it's a bit flat, especially in the highlights.

Is there anything you think I could do to improve the highlights in post production. Photoshop? I have tried a few things and I thought I'd over shopped it as it is.

surreal, i like it

ME, Too!

I'm impressed with the exposure and the way you've handled the light in general. Nice composition. I'm not thinking the color cast is authentic, but I like the surrealism you've created. Nice work.

Is there anything you think I could do to improve the highlights in post production. Photoshop? I have tried a few things and I thought I'd over shopped it as it is.

If you're going for a painted sort of look, try shadow/highlight to bring out more detail in the water, then a high-pass layer set to darken mode to mask the highlight blocking, then some very selective dodging and burning at 5-8% to add more depth to the clouds and water, then USM at the end. Then again, I don't know what the original looks like.

i love the surreal look its nice its not some thing you would expect to see and yet for me... it works.

White balance is hard/impossible to fix. Maybe on this one go with a BW conversion. Looks dramatic, could be be pulled off.

I don't fool with people shots or indoor stuff so I keep my WB on cloudy and shoot RAW+JPG. Use the JPG for quickie HDR, and RAW for when I want a nice shot from one exposure.

Most reactions

Back