First Post CC welcome!!!

KapturePhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kapture-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! I am fairly new to photography. I own a nikon d70. Here are a few pics taken of my boys last sunday! Thanks for looking!

wm5-1.jpg

wm5-1.jpg

kanelaughingwm-1.jpg

boyswm2-1.jpg

wm6-1.jpg

notlookingwm-1.jpg

yellowwm-1.jpg

yellowsm-1.jpg

stairswm-1.jpg

colorwm-1.jpg

those are great!
the second one down (portrait one at an angle) is my fave.
the kid on the left is clearly the jokster, and the one on the right is practically rolling his eyes at him like "dude...relax" lol.

fantastic captures :D

the writing in the middle is pretty annoying lol. it may be the sizing but to me they look like they have some noise to them

Hey Kapture,

You got some lovely candids there - nice work...

Great expressions and very natural.. One little thing I would change though is perhaps moving your signature to a bottom corner, right or left as it's a little distracting.

daithi

One little thing I would change though is perhaps moving your signature to a bottom corner, right or left as it's a little distracting.

x 2 on the above comment.

Nice shots. Perhaps a little too much "tilt" in some for my taste. I have always felt that trying to add interest through a tilt says that the photographer is not confident of the interest the content of his/her photo will generate *without* a tilt. You have beautiful kids, their interaction and expressions are adorable and really quite engaging. Be confident in your subject matter. By all means experiment, but try to hone your base skills before you start breaking "rules."

Taking pictures of feet and hands is required in shooting babies (and as a Dad I realize these guys are NOT babies), but the photo of the feet does not work for me as there is too much surrounding detail. A MUCH tighter crop would work great for me. Even a tight crop of this photo would work as I find the action there interesting. I doubt you'll get a good crop of the two inside feet, but a tight shot of that would be interesting I think. The viewer would have to come to the conclusion that it was two children. Even there, the arm would provide a distraction from the main subject. In short... good idea. I love the idea esp. of a photo of the two boys' feet. Pursue it. Just get closer.

I love number 3 with respect to the pair. The lack of break in the background there firmly focuses the viewer where (s)he needs to be. I would like to have seen the one boy looking up, but his expression is still very good. Almost introspective, certainly contented. Very, very natural and nice. Excellent capture as I know that was fleeting. Actually digressing some, I should say that the expressions you've captured throughout are universally very good. The B&W conversion on #3 appears to be good, though I'd love to see larger versions of this and indeed all of the photos.

I really like number 8 a great deal. The eye contact is key and is really, really strong. It is so strong as to completely eclipse what might otherwise be a rather busy background, esp. in the upper right quadrant. I like everything about it actually. Please note that you have not done a tilt, but because of the perspective you have taken, the background is not straight across the frame, and that DOES add interest.

The framing is good for me. I'd have bracketed this one to see if shifting him a little out of center to the left might have worked better, but I might very well have landed on this one as my favorite anyway. The conversion in particular works for me. It has a very light-handed feel, something that I could certainly learn from at times...

This is not a C&C of the current crop of photos, but with kids don't be afraid to get really, really close and fill frames with faces. For that kind of work I tend to use a 50ish-300ish mm zoom and stay in the sweet spot, say around 210mm, so that I can get in tight without being in the kid's face(s). This works very well at times.

Nice work. Keep it up and keep it coming. They are at a great age where you can get a lot of really sweet photos, and you'll be really glad you did. I hope this is helpful.

Respectfully,

These are adorable. I happen to like to tilt some images to create visual interest if you have other interesting lines in the image, just don't go overboard on it. If you do tilt them, make sure they look like they are supposed to be tilted and not just crooked (the last one and 3rd from bottom).

Also, watch where you crop your limbs. I'm pretty bad at that myself, but with experience I have gotten much better.

You are lucky to have such cute models :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back