First Post- Crested Pigeon C&C

Tommo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

This is my first post, so go as hard as you can haha.. not sure how they are going to look as i know my screen isnt calibrated correctly so they will probably come out super dark or the contrast will be over the top! i have no idea how to edit photos properly so if any one knows how to i would love to see someone try and edit one and show me the difference. Thanks in Advance.

View attachment 4452
$Pigeon.jpg

Please C&C

On my monitor they look pretty darn good. At least to me they do. I just don't like the crop.

Jerry

The eye is a little soft in the first one. Did you sharpen these at all in PP?

I agree about the crop. I would either do vertical head shots.. or get the whole bird in a horizontal shot.

You definitely don't need all of the dead space photo left....

The eye is a little soft in the first one. Did you sharpen these at all in PP?

I agree about the crop. I would either do vertical head shots.. or get the whole bird in a horizontal shot.

You definitely don't need all of the dead space photo left....

Thanks for the reply, I dont know how to sharpen in PS, all i did was just a bit of contrast. Feel free to change the crop if you would like to show me what you think would be better. I was trying to work off a bit of the rule of thirds and trying not to make it look the Pigeon has no where to go.
Cheers

Cheers

On my monitor they look pretty darn good. At least to me they do. I just don't like the crop.

Jerry

Thanks for your C&C, How do you think i should change the crop? im no good at cropping i think that much is obvious haha

I am assuming you shot these in Jpeg.. not Raw?

Almost all shots can benefit from a bit of PP... sharpening, contrast and WB are some of the most common ones!

Also.. your shots have no metadata attached to them.. so how did you shoot them? What aperture, ISO, shutter?

Yeah in JPEG,
Focal Length: 300mm.
F number: 7.1
Exposure: 1/500

Tommo...

Here is a sharpened and original version of your first shot.. at 100% size...... hopefully this will show you the difference a little sharpening can make ;)

Crstedeyesharpened.jpg

All I did was sharpen it a little bit.. nothing else...

Sharpening in Photoshop -- Part I

Bottom of the page is a link to the next page in the article for sharpening. If you look around the guides there it also covers a wide range of other editing methods and options (layermask use would be a good place to extend your research).

Sharpening is an important step, though remember there are often many ways to do things in photoshop and there are quite a few variations in how to adjust photos for the best, so do remember that there isn't going to be a "best way" but a range of methods to consider and try out and see which works best for you.

I use the high pass filter for sharpening. Before I upload my images to photobucket I resize them and when doing that I check the option of bicubic sharper and that definitely makes a difference.

Jerry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back