What's new

First post, first photo, Hang Glider @ Ft. Funston

birdstrike

Propera Explora!
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Hi all, I think I'm going to have fun here! I took this at Ft. Funston near San Francisco. What do you think?
Hang800x533.JPG
 
Hey that looks awesome. I'm glad you didn't try to level the horizon out. It looks perfect like that. Gives you a feeling of the flight.
 
ToddM said:
Hey that looks awesome. I'm glad you didn't try to level the horizon out. It looks perfect like that. Gives you a feeling of the flight.
I agree. Was this taken from another hangglider?
 
Looks like so much fun

I agree with the horizon it's good as is
 
midget patrol said:
I agree. Was this taken from another hangglider?
No, but I've been asked that before. At Ft. Funston there is a wooden deck that was erected as a viewing platform for the hanggliders. I took the shot from there.
 
Hallo, and welcome to ThePhotoForum, birdstrike.
Wow, this sure looks like you were flying right behind him with another hang glider! Too cool. The tilt works wonders here. You did well.... saw this well and framed it perfectly. I am impressed!!! Really cleverly done.
 
Great shot. I like the tilt but would like to see a little more room to the laft of the glider. Looks like a great place to shoot.

Eric
 
Thanks folks! I agree that there should be more room to the left, but there was nothing to crop. I've been wondering if I should play with the saturation a bit to bring the background up some?
 
birdstrike said:
Thanks folks! I agree that there should be more room to the left, but there was nothing to crop. I've been wondering if I should play with the saturation a bit to bring the background up some?

Bumping up the saturation a little never hurts IMHO. Bringing up the color saturation may not be "factually accurate color" to the actual instance, but it sure makes the image pop (in most circumstances.) I think thats the effect most people want to achieve in color shots, eye popping images. Besides, who's to say what the "actual color" in the shot was anyway, except the photographer who was there and took the shot. ~
 
welcome to tpf! i hope you enjoy it here! i love your shot as well! *thumbs up* (i can't use emoticons for some reason...)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom