First Post! - Flower and Landscape

Julie079

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone! This is my first post here! C&C appreciated! Thanks!

$IMG_0047.JPG

$IMG_0098.JPG

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!
Nice pics! Like the composition and execution in both. Maybe the first one could be better in exposure terms, but i like it anyway.

Not bad - in the first one, the green looks to be a bit oversaturated. In the second one, nice image, sharp with great bokeh, a little blown out in a few places, and I always like to see the whole flower, but that's just me - if it works for you, then that all that counts.

Welcome!
Nice shots! I too like the composition in both, especially the first shot.

Julie, congrats on your 1st posting.

I like picture #1 as you made the most out of a average subject. By moving the trail so that it enters from the far right, the forest on the left is a much stronger element then the forest on the right, and makes me really want to know what's down the path.

Picture #2 is a really nice composition. I like your decision to only include the flower from just before the stemen, rather then the more tradional approach of the whole flower. But you clipped the top, bottom, and far right petals, implying a cramped feeling. By including the whole petals you open up the whole scene, yet keeping the imerging stemen as the centerpiece.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back