What's new

First post for C&C- Scared

ej450D

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Newcastle
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone
Bought my first DSLR yesterday and have taken these since, Don't hold back I want to know everything i'm doing wrong. Not the most exciting photo's as they have been done plenty of times,But here goes...

1)
gnome.jpg


2)
BeachLandscape.jpg


3)
mygirls.jpg


4)
Milly.jpg


5)
mazie2.jpg


Thanks
Ej
 
Bump*
Anyone.... Criticism??? Tips??? Opinions???
 
2 and 3 are very nice!

4's sky is blown out, but still neat.

1 and 5 are just sooooo common.

Good start!
 
Thanx for the feedback LCARS it all helps,
I know I have to find some more interesting subjects,
thanks again
Ej
 
Well, taking into account that these show your different approaches to aperture, light situations, wide angle etc, these are all showing that you are on the right path.

Since they are your first attempts, with just any given subject, it is understandable that some are quite mundane, but you have to begin somewhere.

I like the one of your dog on the lawn the least, mind you, although you followed this one important rule and went down to where he was (I guess, you were lying on your stomach for this one!?). But your frame cuts off his paws and head and I don't like that at all.

I also feel that cats' ears should be inside photo frames as a whole.
 
Everyone of the photos has been shot a million times, yet they can all still be interesting. Learning lighting, and composition can help you to make them still interesting.


BTW: welcome to the forum.
 
It is enough to try and work out how to use the camera without having to try to find a subject that no photographer has ever tried before!

At the moment I am still a novice photographer - I shoot the same thing over and over again, with different settings or different composition - just seeing what it does.

Your shots are pretty good, if you ask me. A day? You've done well.

Keep shooting the stuff around you - you have subjects galore in your house and garden, the dogs, family, ornaments. Perfect your "eye" on these "done a million times" shots - then go out when you're a damn good photographer and capture that shot that no one has EVER DONE BEFORE!

Just my 2 penn'orth!
 
... capture that shot that no one has EVER DONE BEFORE!

... about which I doubt it still exists...

True, which is why C&C should not place such a great emphasis on the fact that a NEW photographer has taken shots that have been done before, and instead focus on how well they have done them and how they can improve.

Now, if the photographer is very well established, then that is a different matter - but then that photographer wouldn't be putting "run of the mill" photos on here for critique!

Just my 2 penn'orth!

Craig
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom