First post here, CC always welcome, amateur seeking improvement

Since no one else will take the plunge I will haha.

First thing I'm going to comment on is your watermark, was the first thing I saw. I think the white with hard drop shadow is poorly visible. Either choose a darker color font on lighter areas, or choose a softer and slightly bigger drop shadow. The only one that looks good to me is the very last image. Since its on a darker area it pops more.

As far as the photos go, I'll be honest and its just MY opinion.

The last two are a tad underexposed.
The third was has to much magenta in it.
The second one is a weird crop because I can still see her lips but I know it has nothing to do with the shot but I can't help but wonder up there and ya.
The first one is all kinds of distracting to me. First its the hair across the face (which I'm sure it was super windy), then its the makeup and nose rings (just my taste).'

Your best shot would be the very last one, with a little bit of better processing.

I'd say 1st and 3rd were my preferred shots, with the advise on the 3rd as above, a little better processing could easily fix that.

First one, although as mentioned a little distracting I'd be tempted to run a B&W Edit of it also and see how that works out.
4th is a little under exp. again can be fixed in post..

Second crop is indeed a strange one.. unless of course you were aiming for something specific with it..

I think with a little better post work then a couple of these could be really improved..
Also, keep an eye on your framing - the cut off arms / half cut arms etc don't make for too flattering an image..

Other than the above, Have fun with it..

Need to work on your posing. #3 is probably the best from the set, good framing, exposure, lighting, but the pose is bad.

With this many photos you're probably going to get the abbreviated version.

#1 & #2 should be framed vertically, background elements, and if she is going to show the tattoo, then show it all or wear the dress normally.
#3 my choice for pose, frame and light, but background elements again
#4 pose not the best, looks underexposed, cropped way too tight
#5 cropped a bit too tightly, light not great

And then there is the white balance issues. They don't all match, color-wise.

Thanks to all for the great CC. I agree with pretty much every suggestion...I am limited on the watermark, as it's set up in my Paintshop Pro PP software, sort of a stock deal. Pretty much had to crop tightly, as model is not happy with her arms...working on toning them...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back