TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lets see how I did. C&C welcome.

2738549585_0b4fcaaa25_o.jpg

2738549565_1631a96c33_o.jpg

2738549593_bf1b75f9a1_o.jpg

Very nice. I like your B/W, but don't think you should have cut off the top of his head. Where did you do your jellyfish? I got a bunch at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

Yeah the B&W looks good and really shows some good texture in his face but the background and cut off head kill the shot for me.

#2 looks really good with vivid colors and a shallow depth of field.

#3 looks a bit misaligned with the jelly fish being towards the top of the image. Also this might just be my preference but the upside-down part bothers me a bit. I know these things aren't always floating around right-side-up but it just seems a bit off. Similar to the feeling you get when you see a pic of a building that's slanted. Again, might just be own preference on that but still worth a mention.

The water life shots look good though... could you talk about where you took them and what type of settings you used?

The sea life was taken at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. I just got back from there. I agree I shouldn't have cropped off the top of his head, but thats how I snapped the pic when I saw what I wanted. I have others where its not cut off, but I don't like them. For #2 and #3 I used my 50mm lens and kept it at f2. Kept ISO at 200 and #3 was at 1/125th and #2 was at 1/90th.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back