First post, Zoo pics C&C

99cobra1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the zoo a couple weeks ago and these are my favorites out of about 100 shots...need to keep practicing. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

For some reason #2 was not cooperation so he is MIA for now.

Thanks!

Zoopics036.jpg

Zoopics031.jpg

Zoopics030.jpg

so nice man keep it up !!

1) that one leaf by the head is distracting.
2) coool
3) seems a bit soft..out of focus...

I agree that the leaf Is a little distracting, it really pops out. I wouldn't mind seeing a portriat of 2 & 3. The have magnificent tails. The background in 2 with the scarlet is real nice. I think it ads a nice tropical feel to the shot. I love macaws tho, nice shots!

Last edited:
Ummm where is number 2? Or am I just blind....

1. Nice. I agree that the leaf directly behind his head is distracting. Perhaps more DoF?.

3. I like... Maybe a different crop with less empty space to his/her left?

4. My favorite... however I feel the focus is a bit soft... Also, I would prefer to see his/her head turned slightly... And I think you should not have cut his/her tail off.

The second one is interesting. Ilike the pose you caught and the framing.

The other two are not very interesting, more standard zoo things.

I think for a good picture of the birds you need to have a better profile of the birds. The pictures are too "head on" you get what I'm trying to say.

Thanks for the feedback all! We had the kiddos so we didn't have as much time to play with the camera as we would have liked....that and taking an "interesting" photo with good composition is harder than I thought.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back