First Post!!

D-Lite-Ful

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just getting into portait/people photography. Here are a couple I just took recently to share!

p383247184-5.jpg

p368174871-5.jpg

p402866456-4.jpg

I liked all three of them. Would you mind posting the lighting details.
Does your user name "D-lite-ful" has anything to do with your lighting equipment? :)

Wow, tough crowd around here!! C&C is always appreciated!

#3 is very nice.

It appears that only one light was used. Without any information on your lighting for these shots it looks like some rim lighting from another source (another light or reflector) would have been helpful to remove some of the shadows.

On the second one only one strobe fired. The first and third both fired. I'm running the Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it kit. I'm starting to understand the concepts of lighting a little more but have a course starting on the 30th of this month that focuses on shooting portraits and lighting. Really looking forward to it.

Awesome, I would love to take a lighting course. Lol...like I have time for that....

They feel a bit on the yellow side. How are you setting your white balance?

You need another light or reflector camera left, especially for these types of photos.

You need another light or reflector camera left, especially for these types of photos.

So you're saying I need 3 lights total? I would think 2 is sufficient in the space I am working in.

As far as WB goes I shoot in raw and adjust in LR3, thanks for the C&C so far, always appreciated

Way too orange.... need to cool down the WB.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back