First post

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm new here, so I decided to post a few of my favorite photos. Gentle critique is welcome, but please don't edit them without my permission.

z71691810.jpg

z71411734.jpg

z71130676.jpg

4. (This one is the other zoomed in. I have a weak little camera, that hardly has any macro ability, so it's not as clear as I would have hoped.
z71130704.jpg

z71141292.jpg

z71099801.jpg

By the way, I use a Kodak EasyShare Z612 that I just got for Christmas. It's good so far, but I'm waiting for the day I receive a camera with multiple lenses. :mrgreen:

I like 3 and the idea in 4 is good :thumbup:keep it up :mrgreen:

Hi Cherrymoose, welcome to ThePhotoForum!
You have a Leica in your avatar (well, it looks like one!), just like myself, is it yours, too? You say you take photos with the Kodak Easyshare ...

I like the slinky pic. That one has some really nice colours.
Check your little Easyshare for an icon that looks like a flower. That might help you get closer to things than you can go with the usual settings (I am only guessing it might have the close-up setting, but I really don't know).

For photos of flowers I would recommend your try to move your subject a bit out of the very centre of your frame, you'll find it makes an image more interesting to look at. Try it ;).

I DO like the idea of the banana peeling halfway into the trashcan. :D

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Thank you for the welcome and advice, LaFoto. I did set my Kodak on the macro button, but it seemed to do nothing for my photo. I have got a lot to learn, I suppose.

Actually, that's not my camera in the icon-- just a picture off the internet. I am looking for a film camera to invest in at this very moment, though!

Hey, no way, you're in Berkeley. Me too! Now that our wicked cold spell is over, I hope to get out and take more pics. Hopefully, you can do the same.

I like the composition of #2 and the contrasting colors of #3, and #5 is awesome. :thumbup:

Hey, that's awesome!

Same here-- it was impossible to get anything in all that cold. And even worse, there wasn't even any ice, or barely any frost to make interesting photographs. I can't wait for spring, the sun really does help the composition of pictures!

Thanks, #5 is probably my personal favorite, also. I'm a sucker for bright colors. :]

Here's something that's a little different
Who walks the stairs without a care
It shoots so high in the sky.
Bounce up and down just like a clown.
Everyone knows its Slinky.

The best present yet to give or get
The kids will all want to try.
The hit of the day when you are ready to play
Everyone knows it's Slinky.

It Slinky, It’s Slinky
for fun the best of the toys
It Slinky, It’s Slinky