First Print!

khushi2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have just developed my first film roll, though i don;t know how good it is just followed the instruction written on dark room lab.
How can i know my development is good, do i hv to think b4 developing if it is can you suggest me some ideas.
And now i am eager the print it out in next class, what i have to care in printing what sort of things i have to be aware of, how can i get good print.
Thank you
Regards

khushi2004 said:
How can i know my development is good,

This might be better in the Darkroom forum...

If you find that the neg is very easy to print, then the exposure/development is good. If you have to work really hard to get a good print, then the exposure/development isn't so good. That's why it's so important to expose/develop for a good neg; it saves time in the darkroom. Spending the time in the field getting the right exposure and deciding on the right development makes printing easy, and making prints is what takes most of the time.

The only way you can really learn is with practice. Eventually you will get a feel for your style of exposure, development, and printing. You will be able to look at a neg and tell wether it's going to be a breeze or a pain in the *ss.

Assuming your exposure techniques are the same most of the time, then you can adjust neg contrast by adding (more contrast) or subtracting (less contrast) development time. Look into the zone system for more info on this stuff. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back