First real attempt at Landscapes

Joefbs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So on our vacation this year I decided that I was going to try and take some landscape pictures since we were vacationing on the beach. I think I got some OK shots, but there were none that I REALLY liked other than this one. What CC would you guys have for me after looking at this photo. I am relatively new to all things photography, right about a year. Any comments would be appreciated.

I would say work on camera stability and foreground exposure. A separate exposure for foreground and background would have been great here.

Thanks, I have yet to get a real sturdy tripod, that us my next purchase. I also don't know much about Photoshop to be able to combine two photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a little distortion, the horizon's not perfectly level nor straight. A lens profile in a program like Lightroom would fix that in a second. As for the seperate exposures, a photoshop grad filter can do that too.

Fantastic picture though, well composed with some foreground and background elements.

I see a little distortion, the horizon's not perfectly level nor straight. A lens profile in a program like Lightroom would fix that in a second. As for the seperate exposures, a photoshop grad filter can do that too.

Fantastic picture though, well composed with some foreground and background elements.

I have lightroom so I am going to work on this picture some more. I have limited knowledge in post processing....but I just joined Lynda.com and I have a feeling I will be getting better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest that the composition would have been better if you were in move to the right a little when making the image. I would have liked to see the foreground rocks extending across the picture. The left side of the image has too much negative space. I suggest cropping the left side and some at the top to bring the main elements more into the frame of the picture. It is a nice location and I have been there. It looks like you are having fun with your photography and that is what is important.

I think your could benefit from a 2 or 3 stop Graduation filter..feather and not straight line.

I would have taken the shot from a lower height and work some more of the rocks into the foreground. A tripod is pretty much mandatory for night photography and if you want your images to come out crisp. It looks just a touch bit under-exposed, maybe a few more seconds with the shutter open would have helped.

Most reactions

Back