First "Real" HDR - C&C

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this was shot in a rush, I showed up rather late. Also, when I got to the area one of the cows, further down the field, walked right up to the busted barbed wire fence and was staring dead at me drooling... usually not sketched out about a cow... but I figure I should probably mooove (pun!). Anyway I was losing sun real fast and wanted to try to get a "real" HDR shot. I placed the cam on a post and snapped off 15 shots, changing 1 stop each time, used 9 for the final. There was some mis-alignment since I wasn't on a tripod but it seemed to work out ok.

My Thoughts:
1) It is really dark, but so was the scene itself. So o well.
2) For some reason everything has a red tint, not sure if my WB is just whacked or what. I usually shoot WB Cloudy leaning a little to the blue side.
3) The ground I think came out really good, but the sky is kind of bleh. Sky looks like your typical fake photoshot HDR based on a single image.
4) Wasn't sure about the posts. I like em.
5) I used no rules for composition (that I know of) at all. Just wanted to try the HDR.

If this shot just completely sucks tell me. The only HDR I have really done before now is the single image PS junk.

Edit: Ok, I lied. Just did a quick crop for composition and like this one better.

6180164622_fe85e561fe_b.jpg

Last edited:
So this was shot in a rush, I showed up rather late. Also, when I got to the area one of the cows, further down the field, walked right up to the busted barbed wire fence and was staring dead at me drooling... usually not sketched out about a cow... but I figure I should probably mooove (pun!). Anyway I was losing sun real fast and wanted to try to get a "real" HDR shot. I placed the cam on a post and snapped off 15 shots, changing 1 stop each time, used 9 for the final. There was some mis-alignment since I wasn't on a tripod but it seemed to work out ok.

My Thoughts:
1) It is really dark, but so was the scene itself. So o well.
2) For some reason everything has a red tint, not sure if my WB is just whacked or what. I usually shoot WB Cloudy leaning a little to the blue side.
3) The ground I think came out really good, but the sky is kind of bleh. Sky looks like your typical fake photoshot HDR based on a single image.
4) Wasn't sure about the posts. I like em.
5) I used no rules for composition (that I know of) at all. Just wanted to try the HDR.

If this shot just completely sucks tell me. The only HDR I have really done before now is the single image PS junk.

Edit: Ok, I lied. Just did a quick crop for composition and like this one better.

6180164622_fe85e561fe_b.jpg

Everything is under exposed :(

I don't think it completely sucks. Colors are nice! :) It may look good hanging on a wall.

Everything is under exposed :(

I think I just figured out why. I was looking at the set that I used to create this pic and it looks like my stops went from slighty overexposed to really underexposed. So I didn't have the really overexposed to balance it out. back to the drawing board

Most reactions

Back