First real shot at photoshop C&C please

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I was on a trip a couple weeks ago and finally got around to looking at all my pictures I took after going through a bunch of pictures. This one really stood out to me for some reason and wanted some input of the picture itself, and also my job at editing it seeing as how this was the first time I used photoshop other than messing around.

Edited
IMG_1418edit.jpg

Out of the camera

IMG_1418.jpg

If anyone wants to take a shot at editing this by all means go ahead. I just did some things I normally see recommended on here such as cropping out the dock in the lower left corner, and removing the crap on his mouth.

i like the pictures! but i'm just a beginner here and don't have any advice for ya if it needs improvement.

i took a crack at it. i used a few cheap tricks and also played with the hue/saturation/levels. its not great, but hopefully this will give you some ideas.

IMG_1418.jpg

Yeah I do like that, the only reason I didn't crop it so tight is because I think the water looks really cool, I should crop it a bit more though. I wish I could brighten up the bottom of his neck a bit more but cant seem to do that.

to me the water is just empty space. there are times when this is good, but this is not one of them. the water is not adding anything to the photo.

i took a crack at it. i used a few cheap tricks and also played with the hue/saturation/levels. its not great, but hopefully this will give you some ideas.

IMG_1418.jpg

good simple edit. editing takes a short time when you know what your doing.

Yeah I do like that, the only reason I didn't crop it so tight is because I think the water looks really cool, I should crop it a bit more though. I wish I could brighten up the bottom of his neck a bit more but cant seem to do that.
If the shadow is not totally blocked, you can dodge the neck to lighten it up some.

Which version of Photoshop do you have?

If the shadow is not totally blocked, you can dodge the neck to lighten it up some.

Which version of Photoshop do you have?

Just got CS5

bkristopher I do like that crop still shows the little ripples of the water which is what I wanted to keep without having too much water in the frame

Most reactions

New Topics

Back