What's new

First roll of slide film, first roll on new Pentax Spotmatic, Royal Botanical Gardens

cigrainger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
480
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... of Edinburgh. Let me know what you think. These are a few of my favorites, the rest are on my flickr (in sig). Taken with my new Pentax Spotmatic and 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar, with Fuji Velvia 100.

1.
flowersred.jpg


2.
flowerblack.jpg


3.
flowerswhite.jpg


4.
leaves.jpg
 
Thank you. :) I just had the developers scan them (I don't develop my own color film). Their scanner isn't actually that good -- color print film comes out trashy, but I suppose color slide film scans better.
 
I like the bokeh on the last one...it seems to have hexagonal elements!
 
I like the bokeh on the last one...it seems to have hexagonal elements!

Thanks, I liked that too. The Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 does have 6 aperture blades, resulting in hexaonal bokeh.
 
I bet #2 looks insane on a light table! The scan looks like junk.
 
I didn't think the scans looked that bad, but I didn't scan them in. Could you elaborate?
 
41 views and two people have commented? Hrm.

How can I improve my composition of flowers in the "wild" (outside of the studio)? Are there secrets to it? Is my DOF alright?
 
absolutly nothing compares to an original transparency on a good light table. You will find nothing that has as much color information as that. Even if it's a a flat image, it will still pop. It really is amazing the first time you see it.
 
I just have one question, was there any post processing done in photoshop after you got the slides back? Or is that the actual color, cause if so, IM IN LOVE!!!!
 
This is why I love the Spotmatic and the 50 mm and 55 mm Takumar lenses!

I get that same hexagonal effect sometimes. I think it's because of the six blades of the aperture, like someone already mentioned.

Adam
 
What type of plant is that in 2? I have never seen a plant with black leaves and a google search didn't turn up anything.

I think I like 2 the best as the colors look to unique to be real. 1 and 3 are fairly typical flower shots. and 4 is your classic leaf in front of the sun, but 2 is just different. Almost like a realization about how diverse the world actually is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom