First roll of Velvia is back...

sbalsama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...I used the Fuji mailers to process it. DAMN is it saturated! I took it to a car show, figuring the saturated colors of the cars, grass and sky would be a good example to test out the film. I'm sure most of you out there have tried it but if you haven't, give it a go - it's worth spending a few bucks on even to try. I was worried about exposure but it turns out it isn't that big of a deal at all. I only had three or so "messed up" slides on the whole roll. Too bad it's been discontinued :(

Only velvia 50 is being discontinued. You can buy velvia 100F right now in the states and soon you will be able to get velvia 100 (no F) which is supposed to be just as saturated as 50.

K

sbalsama said:
Too bad it's been discontinued :(
Seems slide films really are losing their popularity. I rarely shoot slide film, and when I do, I usually cross-process them into negatives. Seems most photographers overexpose Velvia and Provia slightly...at least that's what labs have recommended.

I suppose the Velvia market has declined...at K&M camera in downtown NYC, I looked in their bins of discounted expired films. I'd say about 40% of the rolls in there were Velvia. Overstock perhaps...

But I'm glad Fuji is still producing new types of film though (and film cameras). Like their high speed "Natura" color negative film. Then there's the limited edition Japan-only "Fortia" slide film which is even MORE saturated than Velvia. Though some will say it's just Velvia with increased contrast.

I just shot my first roll of Velvia 50 last weekend, and I'm hoping to get it processed within the next couple of days (whenever I feel like actually heading down to the camera shop hehe). I've tried 100F before and it was nice, so I'm hoping the 50 will be even better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back