first shoot in my home studio! C&C

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My buddy being the guinea pig.

4307303967_1818ac52ab_b.jpg

i like it... theres a small shadow on the right side of his face and his skin looks a little oragne against the red shirt, but maybe thats just my screen. good job!

The shirt looks over saturated and the nose shadow is just a little too harsh I think. Otherwise not bad. What did you use for lighting setup?

The shirt looks over saturated and the nose shadow is just a little too harsh I think. Otherwise not bad. What did you use for lighting setup?

the funny thing about this photo, the main light source you see coming from my left side is acutally my on-camera pop-up flash.

it was my first time shooting with strobes and studio blackdrops.
I had my camera on commander mode to fire my sb-600's and my pop-up flash was on TTL. the PRE-flash CLS use to calculate exposure was fireing my strobe too early and was not contributing to my exposure.....

short story, pop-up flash on ttl was the main light used in this shot. came out not bad if you consider it.
1 sb-600 was use as a background flash.

lovely..
great model and lightning!

The red in his shirt has lost all detail in his right-hand shoulder. As far as the color... seems orange as said before. I'd look into the white balance. If your backdrop was white maybe adjust for that and see what his skin looks like then. Also, maybe the compression, but it looks soft to me.

Now that you have everything set up..... shoot, shoot, shoot.... keep finding friends & family to "test" on.

The red in his shirt has lost all detail in his right-hand shoulder. As far as the color... seems orange as said before. I'd look into the white balance. If your backdrop was white maybe adjust for that and see what his skin looks like then. Also, maybe the compression, but it looks soft to me.

Now that you have everything set up..... shoot, shoot, shoot.... keep finding friends & family to "test" on.

Thanks for the comment.

It looks too flashy and it looks like you used your pop-up flash. =( I would not use the pop-up flash and move your external flash closer to avoid the pin-prick catchlights...also you'll need a bigger diffuser for it and a reflector on the other side. Also..your WB is a little off and as pp's have said, you've blown the red channel.

It looks too flashy and it looks like you used your pop-up flash. =( I would not use the pop-up flash and move your external flash closer to avoid the pin-prick catchlights...also you'll need a bigger diffuser for it and a reflector on the other side. Also..your WB is a little off and as pp's have said, you've blown the red channel.

You are totally right. as i mentionned, shot was took while i was trying to figure out how to sync my strobe.

for the red channel, is it off because of the hard flash from the pop-up, lighting setup or it has to do with my post-editing?

mostly because of the hard flash, since it's the most obvious on his right shoulder where the flash was coming from...it's the closest to the flash and most exposed.

mostly because of the hard flash, since it's the most obvious on his right shoulder where the flash was coming from...it's the closest to the flash and most exposed.

i see,

after shooting a couple hours and looking for explanation on the internet,
i finally found out how to sync my stobe with my camera and both my sb-600's.
that way, i am setting up my pop-up flash to fire at 1/128 so it does not contribute to the exposure.

but was out of luck since my buddy went home leaving me without a model to tryout!

i have a friend of mine who need picture of her 6 month old baby. ill try the setup i have tomorow and post picture after.

Thanks for helping.

Awww...6 mo is my favorite age! =) Can't wait to see the pics!

Awww...6 mo is my favorite age! =) Can't wait to see the pics!

its the same little girl from my other post.
she liked the picture i did and wanted me to do her 6 month shoot.
the first shoot, i went onsite but this one will be on the white backdrop.
i want the picture to be alot different from the first shoot.

for the white background...try setting a custom WB...it will help when you go to pp them =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back