First Shoot w/ a great model

4, 5, 9 & 13 are the winners here for sure! You did a good job with this model. She seems totally comfortable with you which is a task in itself. Pat yourself on the back for these!

This is amazing work.
I'm working on getting to this level.

I know this is a resurrected thread but these are new to me. WOW. Good work. Great toning... and aren't you a lucky neighbor...

the simple genuineness of 2 and especially 3 make them my favorite. That is a person who you could know... in fact after a few seconds looking at 3 you may think you DO know her. That's fantastic in my humble opinion.

Great series, you will have to shoot with her whenever you can.

The first looks like it has a bit too much smoothing done on her face but that's always a personal taste type of thing.

There seems to be a few issues with color temp. Just looking at the first 4, they are all different. Was that on purpose or not? In some of the others (5 & 6), the light on our left (her right) is cooler than the light from the other side. It's not necessarily a flaw but it may be something to be concerned about if you were not doing that on purpose.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Thanks again for all the comments.

Great feedback Mike. I used a reflector in a few of those which affected the white balance, but I shoot all RAW and basically do it to my preference.

I agree I could have been more careful with the skin smoothing as well.

We'll be doing another shoot soon.

The harsh, uneven light in #8 kills it for me, but the others are nice. Gorgeous model, too.

Your lighting in all but #8 is really nice, good warm glow, however; there is a bit too much glint in # 4, 5 and 6. They are good shots with a good model;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back