First Shoot with MM model. C&C pwease

Thank you Pete, I will definatly be back with hopefully some better lit photos. :thumbup:

Jace. Good valid point. I would definatly like to hear more about this technique.

OK. You'll need a sock, a roll of quarters, and some close hangers. Oh, and muffins.

Don't let a model (especially from mm) walk over you and run the shoot. If it turns out great, they will take all the credit, if it turns out bad, they will pin it on you. lol

Good point RockstarPhoto, that is not happening again, she seems to be doing whatever she wants. Next shoot I need to get release forms or whatever so I own all rights to the photos.
After the shoot we went back to her house, I was in a rush so I put the photos on her computer (mistake #1) and I told her to let me know which ones she wanted so i could edit them. She took one of the photos edited horribly may I add, and posted in on FB. So I need to getcopyright forms somewhere. So this doesn't happen again, I don't like working like that.

Don't let a model (especially from mm) walk over you and run the shoot. If it turns out great, they will take all the credit, if it turns out bad, they will pin it on you. lol
This.

As the photographer, you have to let her know up front that YOU will direct the photoshoot, not her. She is there because she looks good, not because she knows photography.

Thanks photo. I don't know if you saw my "my model thinks i'm jesus" thread. But she sent me a PM on MM about "blurring the background" and I had to explain or tell her to google BOKEH. Which I know I didn't really achieve due to certain reasons. Point being she was trying to tell me what to do with the photos, how to edit, how to work, and what to do where.
Which to me is degrading.

Thanks photo. I don't know if you saw my "my model thinks i'm jesus" thread. But she sent me a PM on MM about "blurring the background" and I had to explain or tell her to google BOKEH. Which I know I didn't really achieve due to certain reasons. Point being she was trying to tell me what to do with the photos, how to edit, how to work, and what to do where.
Which to me is degrading.
Tell her you will post on her page that she is a ***** to work with. That might shut her up.

Looking at your photos, it seems apparent she has no idea wtf she is doing. You should show her this thread LOLOL

No I won't do that, I am not here to make anybody look bad, or to make enemies. I just don't like being controlled especially not doing something that I want to be doing for a long time.
I don't think showing her this thread would be in my good interest lol.

This is why I dont shoot models. Don't get me wrong I would love to shoot them just not with a camera. i have worked with so many stuck up models over the years in other industries that I am turned off to the whole deal.

With that said None of the first 3 pics really do it for me.

#1 seems very cramped and the back ground is very distracting.

#2 her facial expression looks like she just farted or something and the grass is to distracting. maybe if it was shot with a 1.5 or 1.5 to blur more of the surrounding would be better. i like the idea and Im sure you will work out the concept as you play with it more.

#3 you already know whats going on with that.

#4 is the best of the bunch but still a bit busy of a back ground for my taste. Again could be fixed with the use of a diff lens.

I would say you are on the right track and doing better than I am with shooting people. Keep it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back