What's new

First shoot with my new strobe.

Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
764
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Learned a lot today. Mostly that I need more lights, a larger back drop and to turn the power UP! Main reason why they ended up in B&W is because my hot lamps mixed with the strobe didnt do too well :lol: white balance was all over the place and the skin tone was odd :grumpy:


any who, here are the few pictures out of the series I enjoyed


#1





#2





#3





#4





feel free to critique them if you would like :)
 
Nice. My favourite is #2.
 
I'm seeing lighting that is a little to front-on for my taste, and there's no clear key. It looks like your key, such as it is, is maybe 20 degrees off center, if that, camera right, so things look flattish. Then you've got one or two other lights in play, it looks like, filling aggressively and flattening everything out more. I'd like to see more nuance here, a more careful balance to give some modeling shadows and depth.

Whatever you have down lower camera left makes at least one odd shadow, in #2 from her right arm (frame left), and it's not particularly flattering in some of the others as well.

The model is lovely, the photos do show her off quite effectively. The poses and props are fun. and I really like #3.
 
I'm seeing lighting that is a little to front-on for my taste, and there's no clear key. It looks like your key, such as it is, is maybe 20 degrees off center, if that, camera right, so things look flattish. Then you've got one or two other lights in play, it looks like, filling aggressively and flattening everything out more. I'd like to see more nuance here, a more careful balance to give some modeling shadows and depth.

Whatever you have down lower camera left makes at least one odd shadow, in #2 from her right arm (frame left), and it's not particularly flattering in some of the others as well.

The model is lovely, the photos do show her off quite effectively. The poses and props are fun. and I really like #3.

thank you very much for the critique! one of the issues I had was having to use the slave system with the on camera flash. Because of that, it left me with very little room to move the light and myself around. I should be getting a wireless control shortly. Another issue is lack of space haha. I will have to move my couch in the future it seems.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom