What's new

First shot with my D600. its a pumpkin!

pab

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
208
Reaction score
48
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sold my D90 and other DX equipment and bought the D600 a few days ago. Pulled out my 50mm 1.4G and snapped off this photo. thought it looked pretty nice thought I would share. Comments are welcome!


Also, I know this is not a review thread buy so far I love the D600. Cannot wait to get more familiar with it and start making some money maybe.






Oh and my cat yawing. No post production, just uploaded.

 
I like the pumpkin. It's a nice shot. The sky is a bit whiter than I'd prefer, and that effects the sun star just over the pumpkin but overall, me likey.

That cat looks like mine! Nice detail on the tongue :)
 
Lovely, both; please trim the distracting something on the right side of the cat image to make it more appealing :D
 
Lovely, both; please trim the distracting something on the right side of the cat image to make it more appealing :D


Your absolutely right, I never even noticed it. Will crop and re upload it.

Thanks for the kind words
 
Fixed!!


 
Look at the 100% on the originals.
Both are not in focus.
My guess is that the cat is motion blur from slow shutter speed.

How could I have fixed this , keeping in mind I was crunched for time with him only doing this once. Was this something I did wrong, angle I was pointing the camera?

Thanks for the cc
 
I like them, especially the cat. The focus certainly is a bit soft in the originals; maybe the AF settings or AF point. The cat's tongue looks most in focus, as if that's what you were keyed in on.
 
The way to get better more complete help is to allow editing of your pictures in your profile.

Then make certain that exif are not stripped from pictures.

Use a shutter speed commensurate with shooting something in motion - like 1/125 or 1/250
Do not shoot into sun until you learn how to expose in that circumstance
 
The way to get better more complete help is to allow editing of your pictures in your profile.

Then make certain that exif are not stripped from pictures.

Use a shutter speed commensurate with shooting something in motion - like 1/125 or 1/250
Do not shoot into sun until you learn how to expose in that circumstance


Thanks, I updated all my profile information. Will do more research on the sun attributes as well, I am here to learn so thank you!
 
It should work great if you get commissioned to shoot some low light pumpkin shots
 
It should work great if you get commissioned to shoot some low light pumpkin shots

Thanks, I contacted the local pumpkin farm today.. They said they will pay me to take pumpkin pics next year. 15 cents per pumpkin. I'm going to be rich!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom