First Shot with SLR(ever).

rfosness88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my first shot with a SLR it's a Canon 40D, figured I would try photography for a new hobby. Im a sophomore at UW Whitewater. Took an HDR of my Ninja. C&C welcome.

bike.jpg

Good, not the classic HDR scene, but good none the less. YOu best bet might be to get a few details of the bike.

good call, when I looked at my photos when I got home I thought I should have had the bike facing horizontal instead of right at me.

Thanx

Last edited:
Not bad, but when I first look at the pic my eyes are drawn to the doors rather than to the bike. Try decreasing the contrast on everything except the bike a little bit, if that doesn't work then it turns out to be a nice idea but flawed in execution IMO.

Also, camera is a bit tilted - look along the bricks at the top of the photo.

Not bad, but when I first look at the pic my eyes are drawn to the doors rather than to the bike. Try decreasing the contrast on everything except the bike a little bit, if that doesn't work then it turns out to be a nice idea but flawed in execution IMO.

Also, camera is a bit tilted - look along the bricks at the top of the photo.
camera isnt tilted, the scene is tilted :p... The camera isnt facing the wall straight ahead, its facing the left slightly...

Ya, it looks like a pointed the camera left a little witch caused some perspective... straight on would have been better. I know what you mean about the contrasts, thanks for the tip.

I keep going back and forth from the bike to the doors as the subject. I should have had the bike closer too me and facing to the right, that would have brought more attention to the bike.

Thanks for the input.

Yep the focus does seem to be the doors so I agree with the comments. But the quality and clarity in the picture is great. What a great start!

What lens are you using?

Most reactions

Back