What's new

first shots with my new kit

matseski

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
123
Reaction score
6
I took my new camera, Canon 50D with Sigma 150mm, out today to try it out. Had a bit of troubles with focusing, but just think I need a wider depth of field.

1
Since I can never get reds to look natural
4494552885_1b5f19a551_b.jpg


2
Quack! I wish the rock was not there, but they were both not in focus when they past the rock.
4494552611_5026ba2182_b.jpg


3
Plating I think I would like it better if the DoF was a little wider
4495192232_0c9c840a85_b.jpg


4 A little bummed I cut the wing off but I did not have much of a choice from where I was shooting. Focus looks to be a little off as well.
4494551879_bd4106122a_b.jpg


5 Sculpture on lawn. I put it against a black background as I thought the trees and people were distracting. Any thoughts?

4495193320_129accd80a_b.jpg


Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
really diggin the first shot
 
The 4th shot is my favorite. As you pointed out it is a tad out of focus, but it still a great picture none the less :)
 
u can still see part of the tree in the last
 
My D90 has supersaturated reds as well. I went into the white balance and pulled 'em back just a bit. 0,G1 It knocks it down a smidge. I have these colored magnets (yellow, green etc) so I just kept changing the settings and taking pics. Turned out that small change helped while not changing the other colors much.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom