First shots with my new Sigma 120-400mm

The_Saint

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres the first few shots with my sigma 120-400mm lens, went down to the beach this weekend, and used the opportunity to try out the lens. i must say it really produces good work! and for a really good price 7000 rand($900)

All shot at 400mm.

img06631.jpg

img08051.jpg

img09881.jpg

img09921.jpg

C+C Please

ORIGINAL SEQUENCE( Shot at 8fps)
59772607.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. were these cropped at all? I see that there are more dolphins under water. I can see dark color in the water. Yup.. beautiful place! That is so cool you can see dolphins from the beach!

Yeah South Africa is a beautiful place, The eastern cape to be more specific, every morning we have hundreds of dolphins along our coast line.

Slight crop on the dolphins, nothing serious, just to center it abit.

I was about 20m away from the bird i think. not that close.

It looks like it has nice bokeh...I like the way the cattle on the beach are rendered,and how the background is not hashy or jarring, but smooth. $900 for a long lens is a good price these days, to get to 400mm. Congrats on the new lens! That would be a good lens for use in many marine environments.

Very nice. Looks like a good lens. Are these out of the camera shots, or were they processed? Shot in RAW? I only ask because there seems to be a very slight sharpness issue that could be from the extreme limit of the lens, or simply no sharpening applied in post.

Regardless, good shots.

No sharpening done. The bird is sharp, i wouldnt say theres a sharpness issue there, but the dolphins, the auto focus took the wave in the forground as its target, so that lost sharpness on the dolphin behind it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back