First softbox shot - Rabar

tropico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.monicagarrett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my new Wescott Apollo 28" softbox this Friday, and I had to try it out this weekend.
I got some friends to model me. I really love the softbox, my only regret is that I didn`t get it earlier.

C&C Welcome.

The photo has not been edited, it is straight from camera.

993841873_xYzg2-XL-1.jpg

I like it! I would suggest moving the watermark somewhere else and scaling it down. I'm not big on where it is now.

I like it! I would suggest moving the watermark somewhere else and scaling it down. I'm not big on where it is now.

Thank you!

Yes, I know a lot of people hate my watermark, but I`ve heard so many stories about photos being stolen so I want to be on the safe side.

Call me paranoid... lol. :lol:

The photo looks nice. Do you anticipate the model stealing this photo from the forum?

Thank you!

Yes, I know a lot of people hate my watermark, but I`ve heard so many stories about photos being stolen so I want to be on the safe side.

Call me paranoid... lol. :lol:

Okay, you're paranoid.

You have a nicely lit shot, but your watermark could be done-away with in about 5 minutes with a little bit of Photoshop CS5.

The photo looks nice. Do you anticipate the model stealing this photo from the forum?

No, not the model. (He will get the original photo)

But there is a lot of crazy people out there, and you never know who want to steal your photos and claim they took the photos. Or use the photo for advertisement.
I`ve heard so many stories.

I shoot a lot of teenagers and kids, and I feel safer knowing that my photos are watermarked. I don`t want any bad people to abuse my photos. I don`t want my photos to end up on the wrong sites. (if you guys know what I mean)

The lighting on his face and clothing is nice. A second light source,or a lighter background, to separate his dark hair from the dark background, would have added some more depth clues to the photo. The softbox's position is good, but the watermark running right through his face kills the shot for me.

The lighting on his face and clothing is nice. A second light source,or a lighter background, to separate his dark hair from the dark background, would have added some more depth clues to the photo. The softbox's position is good, but the watermark running right through his face kills the shot for me.

Thank you.
I would love to have a second light, but this was just a test shot out in the garden and I didn`t have more light.
But thanks for the tips.

I agree with the others on the need for a second light.

I'd do a rimlight on him. Would look awesome ;)

Anyways, I tried editing it a tad:
editedraw.jpg

I agree with the others on the need for a second light.

I'd do a rimlight on him. Would look awesome ;)

Anyways, I tried editing it a tad:
editedraw.jpg

Wow! That edit look awesome!
Since this was a test shot, I didn`t do any editing. But I see that I could really improve the photo by doing some editing!

Most reactions

Back