What's new

First stab at studio lighting with a scary bear

pab

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
208
Reaction score
48
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sooo.... I am normally a landscape and nature shooter, and now that I had a baby about a week ago I thought about taking some photos. Picked up some lights online, and went to walmart and bought some black felt for just a starter project to see if I would be interested in going farther. (small investment for 3 lights and black felt fabric for about $150.00 +- )

I have not found my permanent solution for the backdrop and floor drop yet, but just walked up stairs and snapped a couple photos. was basically testing the depth of black in the cheap felt and testing the dof with several different lenses.


results, okay at best. but for a first shot i am content.



 
I've used felt because it's cheap, but it will give you some reflections. I can usually fix it in post, but if I were going to shoot on black a lot, I would go with velvet or duvatine
 
I've used felt because it's cheap, but it will give you some reflections. I can usually fix it in post, but if I were going to shoot on black a lot, I would go with velvet or duvatine

Good advice, will get some soon. I need to get a few faux wood floors, some back drops and the black velvet as well. Will report back sooner or later when I officially take some baby pictures

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom