First Stacking Attempt

*Sighs...

What I've written is literally how I've done about 1000 images till this point. The top image will always be the first image which will have the immediate foreground in focus and the background out of focus. The last image has the foreground completely out of focus and the background in.

I must be a bloody magician... ✅

Unless you've come up with something Adobe doesn't know about, when you Stack images in LR, all you're doing is laying one on top of the other, the underlying images are not blending, all your see is the top image. It's no different than loading 10 images as layers in PS, the top layer is displayed until you select the layers auto align and auto blend.

Unless you've come up with something Adobe doesn't know about, when you Stack images in LR, all you're doing is laying one on top of the other, the underlying images are not blending, all your see is the top image. It's no different than loading 10 images as layers in PS, the top layer is displayed until you select the layers auto align and auto blend.

If you go to the landscape section on this site. Every single image bar the current one at Haymarket there was done with what I've said here. The Horse Head Rock, the immediate rocks were about 60-70cm in front of the camera. Most of my landscape images have something very close to the camera. What more can I say..? That's actually the way it is... 😳

Last edited:
If you go to the landscape section on this site. Every single image bar the current one at Haymarket there was done with what I've said here. What more can I say..? I done that... 😳

Again, LR currently does not have the ability to blend multiple images to create a "Focus Stacked" image (one where slightly different "focus points" are blended into one image to increase DOF). Typically used in macro.

Are you sure you aren't confusing creating an HDR image in LR? LR has the ability to combine multiple images at different "exposure values" into a HDR, Typically used in landscapes/cityscapes. I just looked at your images, it appears they are HDR not Focus Stacked.

Nice shots. I'm curios though why you used f/4 and f/8 were these your fastest options or did you chose to use them. I haven't tried stacking yet but I figured it would be down with the widest aperture possible.

Nice shots. I'm curios though why you used f/4 and f/8 were these your fastest options or did you chose to use them. I haven't tried stacking yet but I figured it would be down with the widest aperture possible.
Compensating for indoor lighting mostly, if I remember right. I played around with the settings to try and find something that looked decent.

lol.......... I remember doing this on my Nikon d80. Just need a tripod and go manual focus. Nice flowers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back