First studio shot with the gf

kyle9128

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
chloeedited.jpg
How does it look? C&C welcome and encouraged

I don't know that I can get a sense for what she looks like. It's hard to explain, but if I saw her on the street after seeing this pic I'm not sure I could pick her out. Technically it is ok, but I'm not sure what is in focus. The eyes should be in focus, but they don't seem to be.

I think this shot would work a bit better with a shallower DOF. As it is, I don't know what to concentrate on.

GT

I get the same feeling about focus and DoF. The eyes look very soft, but that might also be partially do to the lighting; it appears to have blown-out the left side of her face and that can reduce local contrast significantly.

Also, I don't think shooting at 18mm worked in this case. While shooting at a wide or ultra-wide angle can work if you're trying to really focus on a particular part of the body (say, the shoes; not the face), the distortion can actually enhance the effect. Here, it just noticeably distorts the proportions of her face. Something like 24mm or 35mm would be more subtle, though shooting from the same perspective at telephoto (like 80mm) would be worth a shot too.

Her right iris is cut in half, which adds confusion for me.

face isnt blow i can see the jaw line but the angle is just super weird

Someone has to belly up...... snapshot. Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but do you consider this a good shot? The focus is...... where? The eyes should be the focal point, but I can't be sure your's is. Speaking of eyes, typically, it will be better if white can be seen on either side of the iris (cornea, pupil..... dark part)

It is a very wierd angle, not that that in and of itself is bad, but usually when some forethought is put into it.

On a positive not, you almost have the classic female Ess curve going on. Had her legs be pointing left, that would be the Ess curve.

I'd say keep trying. I couldn't pick her out of a lineup from this image, but potential is definetly there.

put a watermark on your photo and everyone will ehump you, otherwise you'll get ****, perhaps the softness of the shot was intentional. the 'angle' isn't all that weird you see people doing this all the time. personally I like it but what do I know other than what I like and what I don't like.

put a watermark on your photo and everyone will ehump you, otherwise you'll get ****, perhaps the softness of the shot was intentional. the 'angle' isn't all that weird you see people doing this all the time. personally I like it but what do I know other than what I like and what I don't like.

I have no idea whatsoever what that first sentence means. Probably am too old.

As far as the second one is concerned, I am way more worried. I see people taking snapshots all the time, does that mean it's OK? And the answer is yes but not on a photo forum site where, I dare hope, we are trying not to take snapshots.

If the only purpose of the shot was to try lights why put her in such a weird position? You would be trying your lights, and lighting, a lot more usefully by having an image everyone can mentally deal with easily and C&C.

Have your gf sit on a stool facing the camera and try to light it right. Then come back for a serious c&c.

There are some harsh people on here. I think some people enjoy being rude towards others and saying they're, "just honest," to defend themselves.

I will say that it does kinda play tricks on my eyes whenever I look at it. And is a bit soft. But don't scrap the idea. Work with it. Try a little different angle, and really nail the sharpness on her eyes. Don't give up on the idea if you really like it.

Edit: Looking at it, it occurs to me, maybe tilt her head a little farther back? This may make it worse, but it COULD make it better. But then again, better and worse are subjective, so you can say its perfect the way it is.

her features seems to be fine, but I cannot turn my monitor to view more...yes the light on her left is more....eyes are the focal point and they shd be sharp in a portrait. thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back