What's new

First Time C&C

d40bby

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Winston-Salem, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots I took today outside with my new camera. It was midday, so I was struggling with lighting and shadows, but I am still new to all of this and getting used to how different adjustments affect the photo.

I will be posting more later on but I just wanted to say hello and see if anyone had any opinions or advice! Have a good day!


#1
3434877643_05ab8eec20.jpg

#2
3435681376_b6282e1d75.jpg

#3

3435680432_b303f8f66c.jpg

#4

3434874837_edb2af1a37.jpg
 
Oddly enough, shooting outside in bright mid-day sun is one of the worst conditions to be shooting in because of the harsh light and strong shadows. Better to stick to the shaded areas during this time of day.

As time goes by you'll learn to shoot during better hours of the day (1 hour after sunrise and 1 hour before sunset).

Welcome to TPF.
 
I like the first one the best. You can't see much definition in the flowers in the other shots, like you mentioned, I think it's a lighting issue.

welcome to TPF! I haven't been here long but I think it's a good site.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom