First time car shoot - please critique :)

gordon77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey here is a shot i took of a friends car yesterday, comments are very welcome :mrgreen:

IMG_3056-Edit-2.jpg

I like it. Although Heck is right. The first thing I looked at was the cool graffiti in the background but it does give it an underground look.

Yea, the background is a little strong. Move around about half way to the right side door and get a little lower to make the car more of the focal point of the shot. By having the roof line higher up on the center of that bright yellow background, you take away from the backgrounds strength and give the car more of a center stage. Turning the wheels toward the camera always helps.

ahh i see what you mean, great advice thanks! i tried pointing the wheel toward the camera at that angle but i didnt think it looked as good. if i move around to the right a bit more as above the wheels will look better turned right :)

Heck: do you think i could achieve the sharpness in lightroom? (images shot in raw). I know the back of the car is out of focus, next time ill close the apature down more to get the back sharp as well.

Great shot! I think it just needs a bit of help in the brightness/contrast to make it really pop!

Great work!

Nice pic dude. I know how well they go, My friend has an Audi S3 with a heap of oettinger mods including chip.

I think the graffiti is a little strong for the background as well, if the car wasn't silver the shot wouldn't be as good as it is.
You got anymore shots of the car? Side of rear views? head on?

Would like to see more. Thanks.
PM if you don't wanna put more up here, if you have some I can check out.

haha yes it does go well, i think its chipped with an exaust body kit (obviously:mrgreen:) and suspention mods. its also very nice inside, black leather, electric seats etc :)

sadly i do not have any other pics of it, i was on a mish to get that particular shot which kinda worked lol. however i will be re shooting this car along with the advice from above :)

Its a good picture, composed well. It seems kinda dark, and the graffiti does pull alot of attention from the focus. Check out Dieselstation.com forums under photography for some outstanding examples of Automotive photography.

did some sharpening in photoshop is this better?

IMG_3056-Edit-22.jpg

The sharpening helped a lot but the graffiti is still just soooo bright for a silver car. I still think its an awesome shot just a little brighter and less yellow graffiti tends to draw the eye straight away from the car.. :) However for your first shoot thats a bloody brilliant pictures! You should see the slop I put out on my first shot lol

I think it looks great!!! I love the bright colors and the silver car.

How did you get the car to look that way? It almost looks like a vector image.

I think it might be a good idea to change the background. not saying that I don't like the graffiti, but it's just too strong for the car.

Most reactions

Back