adman_glazer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first attempt at PP please C&C

Bellawithlion.jpg

can you post the original too?

Yeah it would be good to post which kind of steps you took.

On first glance it is a tiny bit underexposed, so anything you did to it would be more noticable after you brought it up a couple stops or with some brightness if need be.

It looks like you might have done something to highlight the eyes?
But maybe I'm just crazy.

I think that it is a nice picture.........nothing special, but a good snap-shot...

I am not much for B$W in this day and age, but the sepia tone works with this one because of the distracting color combinations and background clutter..

You have placed your subject square in the center of the shot which is not the most pleasing......I think that it would be a better composition to crop out more of the scene to the back (left side) of the girl....perhaps all the way to the line of drawers and then either clone out, or blur the toy in the bin...

Hmmmm..........perhaps even crop the top down to the top of the dresser........... or at least to the bottom of the window............:D

I think that it is a nice picture.........nothing special, but a good snap-shot...

I am not much for B$W in this day and age, but the sepia tone works with this one because of the distracting color combinations and background clutter..

You have placed your subject square in the center of the shot which is not the most pleasing......I think that it would be a better composition to crop out more of the scene to the back (left side) of the girl....perhaps all the way to the line of drawers and then either clone out, or blur the toy in the bin...

Hmmmm..........perhaps even crop the top down to the top of the dresser........... or at least to the bottom of the window............:D

Thank you for the feedback. This is one of my very first shots with my new gear and the very first time that I used Lightroom.

Would you mind taking the original and doing what you had suggested so I can see what you mean (if you have time). It would be helpful me being a beginner with this, seeing what a more experienced person would do with the same photo.

Thanks
Adam

What made you take the catchlights out of her eyes?
I saw the pp-ed pic and was going to say "What's missing in her eyes are some catchlights". Then in your next post with original/conversion, I see that the catchlights were THERE to begin with! They are the little light spots that make eyes look alive! Why did you take them out?

When I started working with the photo and did the sepia process it didn't look right with it.

Here is a quick edit that I did. All that was done is a little fill light, levels adjustment, unsharp mask, and crop.

3349091443_67859d0b2f_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back