What's new

First time dslr user

XxTheZombiezxX

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
1
Location
Daytona Beach, Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Rocks by the river by Wesley Graham, on Flickr

Camera: Nikon D3100
Shutter: 1/4000
Apature: f/4.0
ISO: 200
Focal length 22mm
Only thing i did in LR4 was add a aged effect from the presets it comes with.


Tire by Wesley Graham, on Flickr

Shutter: 1/3200
Apature: f/5.0
ISO: 3200
Focal Length: 35mm
Only thing I did on this was a b&w preset.
I've been into film for almost a year. Finally decided it was time to give digital a try. And I honestly and glad I decided to make my first DSLR purchase. I was gonna just get a few prime lenses for my film cameras, but this is worth waiting on that. So, what advice can I get from this?
 
Welcome sir :D
#1: here the main problem is exposure; the foreground is too dark ; the problem of vignetting is also there; it lacks a point of interest too
#2: I think this would have been OK provided your head shadow was not within the frame
So waiting for your better shots
Regards :D
 
I didn't even notice that my head shadow was in the shot. -.- And yup. I'll keep trying now that I don't have to wait 2 weeks to get film developed. :D Now i see why so many people like digital.
 
First impressions: (in future it would help if you would number your images - makes them a lot easier to refer to.)
#1. Can't really see the "rocks", probably because the entire foreground is underexposed. This is always a problem when you include a significant amount of "lighter areas" - the sky in this case - in an image. Either use less sky, a graduated ND filter, or some exposure compensation (my guess - maybe +1 or +2 in this case). There does not seem to be any, or very little, colour in this image - not sure why, maybe it needs a bit more processing to bring out the colour - maybe the colour is not there, because the exposure is incorrect. Also, the horizon is tilted to the right - better if it has no tilt.
#2. This really does nothing for me and as Frequency has noted - your head in the frame - well 'nuff said.

My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy
 

Rocks by the river by Wesley Graham, on Flickr

Camera: Nikon D3100
Shutter: 1/4000
Apature: f/4.0
ISO: 200
Focal length 22mm
Only thing i did in LR4 was add a aged effect from the presets it comes with.


Tire by Wesley Graham, on Flickr

Shutter: 1/3200
Apature: f/5.0
ISO: 3200
Focal Length: 35mm
Only thing I did on this was a b&w preset.
I've been into film for almost a year. Finally decided it was time to give digital a try. And I honestly and glad I decided to make my first DSLR purchase. I was gonna just get a few prime lenses for my film cameras, but this is worth waiting on that. So, what advice can I get from this?



Were you really shooting 1/3200 at 3200 iso? That seems way out of whack.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom