First time editing, Parade photo redone

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so last night I posted some photos for CC. I'm working with a small compact now that doesn't focus well, so I apologize for the soft focus. Aside from the focus I was told that the background was way to busy. so I tried some edits. It was my first timed editing ever, and I'm going to do a cleaner job the sidewalks later today. Tell me what you think!

The originals

PC100782-4.jpg

PC100769-2.jpg

I was able to add the links! Again, I know the focus is off....

The edits!

PC100769-3.jpg

PC100782-5.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! I am so thrilled. I really enjoyed these photos, but I don't want to be proud of something that is a fail. I know the focus is off, and it's still a bit dark, but I can live with and am satisfied with these results!

Ok so last night I posted some photos for CC. I'm working with a small compact now that doesn't focus well, so I apologize for the soft focus. Aside from the focus I was told that the background was way to busy. so I tried some edits. It was my first timed editing ever, and I'm going to do a cleaner job the sidewalks later today. Tell me what you think!

The originals

The edits!

PC100782-5.jpg

Good start with the cloning, now you just have to refine how you add/recreate parts of the photo. For example, you left little round bites in the girls (front) hips. As for the curb in the background, sometimes you can pull from other similar places in the photo to break up the repeating effect of a tight spot clone.

You are exposing for the sky and not the people, I'm assuming that isn't what you were trying to do. If you have photoshop you can probably mask a better exposure level on the people and keep the sky, I would probably try to do it the opposite way though in the future better to be a stop over exposed than under.

Well I Made the discovery today that I think the focus capabilities in my compact are poor. I went to sears today and was working with the different cameras and I had no problem with the focus. The intended main subjects came out clear and crisp and didn't have that cloudy glow my photos have. Guess I'll to deal with poor focus in my photos until christmas.

The originals

The edits!

PC100782-5.jpg

Good start with the cloning, now you just have to refine how you add/recreate parts of the photo. For example, you left little round bites in the girls (front) hips. As for the curb in the background, sometimes you can pull from other similar places in the photo to break up the repeating effect of a tight spot clone.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll make sure to fix it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back