First Time for C&C. Waverly Hills Sanatorium (1 Photo)

sab4279

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first time posting a photo for C&C. I am a bit nervous, but also very excited. This is a photo of Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky, a place rich with history.

file-1.jpg

Oh, wow! I love this place! It's about a 5 min drive from my house. Definitely has the creepy factor going on.

Very nice image; if you have access to an editing application which can do perspective correction (Such as Photoshop's 'distort' filter) I would try and improve the verticals a little, but it's a great capture.

I loved it there and wish that I didn't live so far way. Our drive there was about 7 hours. My friend, brother and I went there to stay overnight for the ghost hunt.

Very nice image; if you have access to an editing application which can do perspective correction (Such as Photoshop's 'distort' filter) I would try and improve the verticals a little, but it's a great capture.

I took me a minute to figure out what you meant by the verticals being distorted, but if I am right, you meant towards the left side of the picture (specifically where the building bends), correct? I do have the Adobe programs (Photoshop CS5, Lightroom, etc.). As of right now I am unfamiliar with how to effectively use perspective correction. But, I am going to attempt it right now. Thanks for the comments!

I think I understand now what you are saying and in my opinion it greatly improved the photo. I didn't think it looked much different until I compared both photos and wow, what a difference! Here is the edit...

file-2.jpg

That's an awesome shot! The edit is definitely better!

I agree, the edit helped tremendously! I live close to this building as well but I've never been brave enough to visit. :lol:

Most reactions

Back