First time ocean shots

nikonrooki84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I am new to photography and these are my first ocean scene shots and looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks. Please CC I am having a lot of fun so far and looking to learn everything i can. Thanks

$DSC_0158_edited-1.jpg$DSC_0227.jpg$DSC_0208.jpg$DSC_0196.jpg$DSC_0190.jpg$DSC_0187.jpg$DSC_0177.jpg$DSC_0171_edited-1.jpg$DSC_0170_edited-1.jpg$DSC_0238.jpg

RCJH_GOKU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I would say you did a pretty good job for your first time. I am new to photography as well so I don't really have any CC but I like #3 and #4 the best.

Shipman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I literally love them all, Ive been looking through a lot of these newer threads and this has to be one of my favorites.

GaryT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have never seen trees growing or dead in the sea/ocean like that before!

Pretty good for a first attempt, I like the second last one the most I think. Shame you clipped off a little bit of the tree.
The exposure looks a little off in them but I am on the phone so..... Also one or two don't look 100% straight and maybe try sticking to the rule of thirds a bit more.

All being said I'm a noob too but I think for a first effort you done very well sir! Good stuff :)

GaryT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Did you use a cpl on the last shot? You really nailed the sky in it. Or is it because you changed settings or faced camera away from the sun

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I really like all of these. Which beach were these taken at?

OP
N

nikonrooki84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
When I took these I have to admit I was excited to be out and forgot to check the levels each time I moved my tripod. A rookie move for sure lol. My camera doesn't have the grid for the rule of thirds. but think i am getting better eye balling it and correcting it in photoshop. As far as a Cpl., I have no clue what that is. The beach is at Botany Bay in edisto island South Carolina.

eswebster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very good, these trees would be great with a long exposure using a big stopper to smooth out the clouds and sea.

Mikej15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Next time you're at that beach, try to take with you neutral-grey filter, it makes water look like one big stream.
Also, check this app, i see, try to make some slideshows, ocean theme is very suitable for this

Trainz35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
#3 & 10 are my favorites. The long exposure keeps the water smooth, with rich color in #10!

JohnnyBlack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Never seen trees in the sea like that, I like the last shot, nice composition and colour.

Most reactions

New Topics