First Time Post. Amusement Park Pictures

Ryan.Woirol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I enjoy taking pictures with my PowerShot SD750. Mainly I take pictures at amusement parks. My friends say that they are good but I'd like some criticism from people who actually know what they are doing, haha. Be honest with me.

7-9-08084.jpg

Kennywood Park

2008Season534.jpg

Cedar Point Wicked Twister at Night

Controls026.jpg

A Control Button at Thunder Canyon at Cedar Point

CedarPointSeason2008033.jpg

Cedar Point Maverick at Dusk

2008Season701.jpg

Cedar Point Raptor

2008Season579.jpg

Raptor at Night

2008Season576.jpg

Raptor at Night 2

2008Season554.jpg

Cedar Point Corkscrew at Night

Composition is good on all, the first one has something funny in the upper left hand corner.

However, you definitely need a tripod. Great lighting, angles, et cetera, but really need some sability.

Oh, and watch your verticals/horizontals.

Number 5 is my favorite. It seems stylistically the most interesting. DChelser has it right. A tripod is absolutely essential for the kind of pictures you were taking here. There's a number of them that would be very interesting photographs, but lost it because of the lack of stability.

Number 1 is the best example of that, I think. The shake is subtle, but the affect is detrimental.

Aside from the shake, here's my thoughts.

1. Not bad. The flowers are dying, but that might've been on purpose. Besides the large black thing in the upper left, you're looking pretty good.

2. I think would have been better shot vertical.

3. I'm guessing this is a "Go" button? The detailed X on scratched in the button catches my attention above any other detail, but it's hard to find what's in focus which makes the whole picture confusing.

4. I would have gone with a slightly wider composition. But good eye to see colors worth capturing.

5. My favorite. Again, I probably would have chosen a slightly wider composition.

6. Good.

7. The composition is just a bit bland. It's difficult to decide what exactly is your subject. Is it the car? The track? The car on the track?

8. Good.

Overall good work. You've got an eye worth investing in and developing. Keep up the good work.

Most reactions

Back