First time poster. Please comment.

Wiljo_5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, its my first post here on The Photo Forum. I recently (4 days ago) bought a Nikon D60. And I have barely even touched a point and shoot camera, so it was a preety big decision and step.Anyways, i would thank you all if you took 5 minutes and commented on these pictures. ALMOST ALL OF THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN IN MANUAL MODE. I would post the pictures here but then that would only limit you to comment on the one I like, not the ones you like, So ill post my Flickr address.

Flickr: .WillVaz.'s Photostream

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Hello Wiljo_5,
Good to have you here! Like you I have never owned a P&S and purchased a D50. The photograph of your that stood out the most to me was the Challenger SRT 2009. It just seemed to have a good allover tone to it.
Hope you learn the other modes in time, I've heard the best way to learn is to try the Shutter, Aperture priority modes and learn how they behave.

Thanks! And I've tried Aperture and Shutter mode but it seems like i have to change the settings allot so it takes longer to take pictures. But i will definitely be trying to learn to use those modes.

Any more comments are appreciated, Thanks!

The challenger photo is great! What amazes me, is that you're more familiar with the manual mode. Aperture and shutter priorities are simpler ;)

I know lol Its just that i dont know whats the right setting for the right picture in Aperture or Shutter mode (i dont know if it makes sense). Thats why i use Manual. And i have yet to learn the "photography vocabulary" like ISO, Aperture, etc.

how did you get your pics that sharp? i have a d60 also and i can never get my pics that sharp.

I play with the cameras settings and modes allot. For the "Flower" picture, I used the flower mode in the D60 zoomed in as much as possible out of the stock lens (18-55). For the Challenger pictures i believe I used the manual settings and played with the ISO, etc.

they look great to me! if you can use a manual SLR you'll do great with a modern one as well. mine only made me go faster and get more:lol: thank God for no more film and development costs!
Scott:lol:

I dont know what a "manual slr" is lol, but if its a film camera, then no. I use a Nikon D60. But thanks!

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND ON FLICKR lol

THERES NEW PICTURES!! PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN IMPROVE!

Last edited:
hey will i rollerblade too nice to see those pics on your flickr. where you from? i live in dc from the rolldc.com site

How do you know i rollerblade lol. I have no pictures of me ( i think) in flickr skating lol. Im from Puerto Rico.

I dont know what a "manual slr" is lol, but if its a film camera, then no. I use a Nikon D60. But thanks!

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND ON FLICKR lol

THERES NEW PICTURES!! PLEASE COMMENT SO I CAN IMPROVE!
sorry, I guess I assumed you moved over from a film camera. is this your first camera? if so you are way ahead of where most of us were this soon after getting our first camera. SLR is "Single Lens Reflex", which is what your new camera is

Most reactions

New Topics

Back