First Time posting photos.. how about some C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Omitinibu, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Chairman7w

Chairman7w TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Seriously, you need to ease down on the ol' accelerator there my man. Sometimes you may have (gasp!) WAIT a while before you get some response. I've had photos be up for days before getting any CC, and I never bumped them once.

I don't think a half hour is reasonable to expect a response.

2. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Your DOF is far too small for the subject in question (being the stones) and the fact they are all ariel views, try get down close and personal with them (eye level views) try orienting the angle your shooting at,
    try it in a different area, stones in a house next to a little tree stump isnt very interesting however, if you supersize it with rocks (like Stone henge) then it is allot more interesting, assumin you shoot it correctly,

in photography there are so many factors to which make a photo, in my opinion, you either have the eye for photography, or you dont...

you can always try and develop an eye for photography but it helps if it is natural to you, and dont let anyone tell you what to take a picture of,
    it should be your idea, your creativity, i hate when my mum goes "oh William come here, look" then i reply "what?"
    "its a little bird *laugh* that would be a good picture it is sitting on the fence"
    "-.- that is too cliché and what bird doesn't perch on a fence? honestly shhh please and let me express myself through my own art"

same with my dad, i appreciate they are trying to help but it just isn't what i am interested in, my main interest is in people photography and sport and journalism (basically all point to journalism, but by people i mean high end industry fashion and the such.)

also it isn't reccommended to shoot at the lowed aperture you want, it isnt all that sharp, the sharpest apertures are usually between f/8 - f/16 (depending on lens ofcourse)

3. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    When I look at these pictures I see test shots...you say you were trying to do certain things in each picture and it appears that you got what you were attempting to get. To me it looks like you are trying to see what you and your camera can do as a learning experiment. The pictures themselves aren't very interesting to the rest of us but if they helped you get a better understanding of how your camera works and what it can do then they served their purpose.

4. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Sherman, you're getting a little soft. You used to be brutal to the first-time-posters!

:greenpbl:

5. Omitinibu

Omitinibu TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Glade to see more than one person is getting the point.. but either way you put it I am enjoying the feed back im getting..