First time posting photos

Droxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a beginner looking for critique and tips, thanks! Feel free to edit the photos if you think you can make them better.

Last edited:
Please select your best one and post it in the thread at around 1050 pixels on the longest side. Thanks.

16461813029_c11a09dbfb_b.jpg

Please select your best one and post it in the thread at around 1050 pixels on the longest side. Thanks.

Oh, that's nice! I really like the eye contact and her smile. I think your frame is very good. The balance is also very good. Maybe the one nitpick I have is that the line of the curb tends to lead my eye away from the model's eyes, but then leads it back to them, so maybe it's o.k. just the way it is.

Attracting ! Nothing much would compete with those eyes, the curb's position brought my attention to her windblown hair.

I'm a beginner looking for critique and tips, thanks! Feel free to edit the photos if you think you can make them better.

I like the image you posted. I use those and they've helped me a lot. This image is perfectly fine. If you like it it's as great as it needs to be IMHO :) one thing you might want to experiment with is changing the contrast, or one of the color channels a bit, in a good image editing app, without affecting the character of the image too much.

Things that have helped me:
Shoot in RAW not JPEG
Set the camera on manual mode almost always, or maybe aperture priority sometimes
Try to get it right in camera first, use editing tools as little as possible
Read lots
Shoot lots

I like how you captured her expression.

A WONDERFUL portrait. What else can I say? She's beautiful, the photo is beautiful. I understand you wanted to keep a soft contrast scale of gray, but may be it's lacking some black and white. Try adjust the tones.

Most reactions

Back