first time posting

cherylP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am totally new to digital photography. Im used to film cameras.. this is one of my first with my new canon rebel xt. looking for opinions and any cc.
thanks
IMG_0320.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum. I posted the image rather than having a link

IMG_0320.jpg

Oh, another Pittsburgher! Welcome to the forum!

I do like the picture; the only suggestion I'd give is to maybe crop a little off the bottom, but that's only my personal preference to see things more centered. :lol: Where was this taken, by the way?

This was taken at the childrens museum, north side. they made surfboards into benches. I guess I didn't think of cropping it because the reflection was my top interest.
Thanks for the advice.

Ah, I was close. I was thinking that it was the Science Center.

I figured the reflection was your main focus. I'm just a composition freak (even though I know things aren't supposed to be centered...oy). It's quite nice the way you did it.
:)

If you are having any trouble figuring out how to post photos (many do), check this thread out: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73415

Hmmm...as for some advice on the photo....I do like it.....

His face is a bit dark, so it would be nice to see that lightened up a bit. A bit of contrast might help, too. As for a crop.....as a rule of thumb, you usually DON'T want to center things...but rules are made to be broken, an it does work sometimes...it might here. I'd have to actually see the crop to decide if I'D prefer it centered or not.

I see you are set to 'ok to edit' ....if I remember when I get home, I might try a few things to give suggestions (although it would be only my opinion...others may not agree).

Welcome to the forum, btw...looking forward to seeing more from you.

maybe like that? i don't know. It's an awesome picture - cute kid too (lol)
jimmysurf.jpg

Corry,
Feel free, now I'm interested in seeing a cropped version, still not sure i'll like it better though. Thanks for the input

Thanks, personally I think he's one of the cutest kids I've ever seen , good little model too, he sat for three shots till I got what I liked. His mom was real cool about it too

I had a little play with it, since it also needs rotating by 1 degree clockwise ... my intended crop, however, no longer meets the normal print ratios. You'd need to crop in from below in order to get back to that, from the reflection that was your primary motif here, and I understand that you don't really want that.

Do you want to see my edit?

Oh, and have I ever welcomed you to ThePhotoForum, cheryl?
No?
Oops.
Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D :D :D

....hmmm...I'm actually liking this crop better than a centered one. But again...it's my opinion...you may or may not like it. :p

Besides cropping, I partially desaturated the cyans (definitely a personal preference...some might not like it), slightly saturated the yellow, did a slight curves adjustment, and a slight contrast bump. Oh, and dodged the face just a tad.

Adorable little boy, btw. :)

IMG_0320EDIT.jpg

Looking again, I may have saturated the yellow a tad much...I dunno.

Oh, and I'm totally not offended if you don't like the edit. :)

Well, when I first read the idea about cropping off-center, I didn't care for it, but seeing it here, I like it much more.

Very nice edit job. :thumbup:

I had a little play with it, since it also needs rotating by 1 degree clockwise ... my intended crop, however, no longer meets the normal print ratios. You'd need to crop in from below in order to get back to that, from the reflection that was your primary motif here, and I understand that you don't really want that.

Do you want to see my edit?

Oh, and have I ever welcomed you to ThePhotoForum, cheryl?
No?
Oops.
Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D :D :D[/quoteSorry, I havent been on in awhile, although I'm getting addicted quickly. I love seeing all edits, since Im new to this whole digital and photoshop thing.
Thanks so much for your input and time
Cheryl

Most reactions

New Topics

Back