First Time Shooting A Model C&C Please :)

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandraleephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a bit new to the site, but I've been lurking for a while. I recently did some headshots for a friend and we decided to turn it into a full blown session. It was great fun and she's extremely pleased by the shots. At the time I don't have any studio setting, ie; lighting etc. My backdrop is a heavy curtain, which serves amazingly until I can afford to go out and get some real drops. All the lighting in these photos is natural. No flash, all natural lighting. All shot with a 18-70mm Nikon lens on my d70.

I'd like to see what you think of them. Thanks :)

n507588758_96468_5683.jpg

n507588758_96472_6858.jpg

n507588758_96474_8283.jpg

n507588758_96475_8840.jpg

daniellesphotoshoot337cs2.jpg

either my computer is acting up or your pictures are just not loading.

I really like the 3rd one... for some reason the others aren't doing it for me...

1) This shot doesn't do her justice... in my opinion.

2) Good shot, but I think she should be more to the right, you have her sitting to centered.

3) My favorite

4) I really like this shoft as well.

5) I don't like that part of her elbow is cropped out.

These are my thoughts, but again I am not a photo genius, so take it for what it is worth.

I think I like #4 the best, but the blown out area on her face bothers me. #3 is cool, but I don't like that her elbows are chopped off.

#2 is the best for how your Model looks to me. I think a blond woman cries out for a more high key effect on a light/white background.

I would like to see more of her personality in the shots, photo #1 is great expression.

Wow, for natural lighting with no flash, you have captured some decent shots. Very nice work.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have a member from The Rock.

You have some good shots here with a lot of potential. For these types of shots, I would suggest more post processing. Some sort of skin treatment wouldn't be out of order here.

I'm not saying that you should make her into a barbie doll...just remove a few blemishes or wrinkles and add a little smoothing.

#3 is amazing.. it would be even more amazing maybe if the elbows were not cropped out i agree.. but great lines in this shot. Also i can't believe that was natural light! Was there a large window nearby? What time of day?.. i would love to pick your brain on that one.. i also cannot yet afford any drops or lighting equip. at the moment but have not been as successful with indoor shots turning out so well without them. Im impressed:)

Most reactions

Back