What's new

First time shooting flowers.

Good exposure and focus. The backgrounds are nice, especially on the first and third. It looks like you're following the advice many people give about not centering subjects. IMO, this just leads to unbalanced compositions in cases like this where there really is only one thing in the frame. Cover the right and/or left side of these until they are square and see if you like them better that way.

If this really is your first time shooting flowers you're off to quite a good start.
 
Good exposure and focus. The backgrounds are nice, especially on the first and third. It looks like you're following the advice many people give about not centering subjects. IMO, this just leads to unbalanced compositions in cases like this where there really is only one thing in the frame. Cover the right and/or left side of these until they are square and see if you like them better that way.

If this really is your first time shooting flowers you're off to quite a good start.


Thanks for the feedback :)
Yep it's my first time shooting flowers and I wanted to try and apply some of the principles I've learnt about photography.
I will try a square crop and see if I like it better.
Cheers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom